| || |
A small fire broke out Monday afternoon in a Burbank storefront undergoing rehab work. The fire was reported at 7708 S. Cicero Ave., a unit located in the Burbank Station shopping center.
Burbank and Bedford Park firefighters were dispatched about 2:30 p.m. to extinguish the fire. Police say no one was injured.
A sign in the empty store window reads “Coming Soon! ATI Physical Therapy.”
A man who was working inside the store said the fire broke out when crews accidentally cut a live electric line and described the fire as “a lot of sparks and smoke.”
Electrical service was cut to the unit and adjacent stores; Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Center and Work ‘N Gear. Crews were hoping to have the power restored to the businesses within a few hours.