A fast moving thunderstorm with winds in excess of 75 m.p.h. swept through Burbank Monday evening damaging trees and knocking out electricity to hundreds of Burbank homes.
Commonwealth Edison crews worked tirelessly Tuesday to restore power to affected customers but as of Wednesday morning about 75 homes remained without power. The largest area still without electricity is in the vicinity of 87th and Meade Ave. where 36 customers await restoration of service. ComEd estimates the repair to this area should come sometime today.
According to ComEd's outage map, other areas in Burbank that remain without power as of 11:30 a.m., June 26th include:
- Near 83rd St. and Major: less than 5 customers affected, estimated restoration 6/27 12:00 p.m.
- Near State Road and Austin: 14 customers affected, estimated restoration 6/26 11:00 p.m.
- Near 85th St. and Austin: less than 5 customers affected, estimated restoration unknown, still assessing damage.
- Near 85th Pl. and Narragansett: 13 customers affected, estimated restoration 6/27 11:00 p.m.
- Near 78th St. and Central: less than 5 customers affected, estimated restoration 6/27 12:00 p.m.
Messages on the Burbank Beat's Facebook page indicate that other areas in Burbank remain without power but are not reflected on the ComEd map.
Commonwealth Edison customers can access an improved outage map that gives specific information and outage locations on the ComEd website. ComEd also produces a free mobile app available for download on iPhone and Android devices that features an outage map as well.